Saturday, December 4, 2010

Eat Breakfast Like a King!




Let's Eat Right To Keep Fit is a book written by Adelle Davis an American author and a pioneer in the fledgling field of nutrition during the mid-20th century according to Wikipedia.  Actually she wrote several books.  She had many good things to say about nutrition, mainly criticizing food additives and supporting whole unprocessed foods. 

I'm not selling books by Adelle Davis nor am I recommending them, but I have read some of her books and the thing that has stuck with me is one of her quotes:

"Eat breakfast like a king,
lunch like a prince,
and dinner like a pauper."

That is what my husband and I try to do.  We eat a good breakfast and it helps us to keep from being too hungry during the day.  Sometimes we only eat one other meal and if we do eat two more meals, we don't eat very much at dinner and we try to eat early in the evening.

The main thing is find out what meal plan works best for you so that you can lose weight easily.  Weight loss is possible, it can be done, it takes planning and work to achieve your goal, but it is well worth the effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment