Monday, November 1, 2010

Be In Control!




Be in control of the food you eat, don't let the food control you. If there is some food you see that you  want to eat just because it tastes good, STOP! Don't give in to it.  Put the food away, get it out of your sight, walk into another room, do whatever it takes to keep from eating it.

I have had times when I was drawn to food just because it was there and just because I knew it would taste good.  I felt like it would make me feel better, but actually it doesn't always do that.  Most of the time what happens is that I would overeat and then feel bad and feel that I was a failure.  Take control of your cravings and your body. 

I have said before that we are to listen to our bodies and pay attention to cravings.  Learn what is a true craving and what is not.  Eat what you crave but just enough to satisfy, don't go overboard with it.  My husband at times will eat food that is left because he doesn't want to waste it.  If it is enough to save, put it in the freezer or refrigerator.  If it isn't enough to save, it is better in the garbage or in the compost pile than in our stomachs making us fat.

We need to be in control of what we eat.  We can accomplish this a little at a time.  Other people do it and so can we.  Hang in there, I know another pound is being lost for you and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment