Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weight Loss -- Staying Motivated!




I started losing weight about three months ago and have been doing well, except staying motivated is becoming a problem.  So in order to stay motivated, I have to remember my ideal in the first place.  I have to concentrate on the fact that I want to be healthier, to look and feel better.  Plus I want to feel good about myself and realize that if I stick with it I can be successful.

If I only had a few pounds to lose, I don't think being motivated would bother me too much, but having to lose 30 or 40 more pounds tends to "weigh heavily" on my mind.

The other problem is the holidays are fast approaching.  Thanksgiving is next week and then I start baking all the Christmas goodies.  I am going to have to be good and not overeat.  There are going to be a lot of fabulous meals in the next few weeks so I have to be sure I don't take too much on my plate, just a spoonful of each thing, maybe even less.  I need to be sure to concentrate on eating slowly, savor each bite, enjoy it and stop when I am full.  Now if I were to count calories, I would have to be sure to keep tract of my intake.

I can have dessert if I behave myself.  Not too much, but at least a little.  You and I can do this, let's keep at it and stay motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment