Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chocolate And Weight Loss!




One big problem I have with weight loss and/or dieting is the fact that many diets exclude chocolate and sweets except on certain days. I love sweets and if I deprive myself of them, when I do get something sweet, I tend to go overboard and cannot stop. That is one main reason I have adopted my own way of eating to lose weight.

In my eating plan, I still enjoy chocolate, cookies, ice cream and cake. If I feel that I just have to have something sweet what I do is get a small piece of candy--a fun-size Snicker bar or a cookie or a small piece of cake--whatever sweet I am hungry for at the time; I sit in my easy chair and savor the flavor of what I am eating. I don't eat it fast, I take very small bites and really enjoy it--that way I know that I have had something sweet and don't feel deprived. One trick that I have added is that when I am finished, I drink some water. The water takes the sweet taste out of my mouth. If I don't drink the water, I will keep tasting the sweet and just want more.

Another thing that helps when I am hungry for sweets is that if I eat a piece of fruit in place of the sweet and wait awhile before getting something sweet letting my body know I have had the fruit that tends to help too--not always, but many times it does.

I am losing weight slowly, but I am finally doing it. I now know that I can accomplish my goal and I know that you can too. If I know that I can have sweets, I don't crave them nearly as much as if I cut them out altogether or only allow them on certain days. Plan ahead for weight loss, you can do it. Keep trying! Don't give up until you succeed in reaching your goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment