Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weakened By Weight Loss!




A few years ago, one of the men in our office challenged me to a weight loss contest.  At that time, I didn't know that men tend to lose weight faster than women, so I accepted his challenge.  He started on a very strict diet, small breakfast, soup for lunch and a light evening meal. 

I told him to be careful because if we go on too strenuous a diet, our bodies get into a weakened condition and we could get really sick.  He didn't listen.  Sure enough, he got sick and the challenge was off.  He was really sick for 2 weeks and had to take off work.  He later told me he had never been so sick in his life.

I don't know if that would happen to everyone, but it did happen to him and it has happened to me.  Be sensible about weight loss and cutting back on eating.  I try not to be too drastic with cutting back on food intake and also the type of foods I eat.  It is best to eat a healthy amount and lose weight slowly.  It pays in the long run.  It took a short while to gain the weight, but it takes a lot longer to take it off.

Remember, it can be done, weight loss is possible, be sensible about it and eat healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment