Friday, October 1, 2010

Make Mealtime An Event!


I have found over the years, that it is best to sit at the table to eat.  I do not stand up to eat nor do I sit in front of the TV. I don't really feel that I have eaten if I eat that way.  I sit down, enjoy the food I am eating.  I try to make mealtime an event.

My life can be very busy and at times meals have to be eaten on the run; but as much as possible I try to make it a habit to relax around the table. I pause before I start to eat, taste the food with my eyes first and then I try to eat slowly. I savor each bite and when I have finished, I realize I have enjoyed a satisfying meal.  I am happier for it and not tempted as much to snack later.

My children used to say, "Diet food isn't all that appetizing."  Well I have a funny story about asparagus in my next post.  I'll be back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment