Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How I Lose Weight!



Losing weight has not been easy for me in the past, but I feel that I have finally found the answer for me and my body. As mentioned before, I sit at the table to eat most of the time. There are times when I am alone that I relax in my easy chair, but not often, I usually sit at the table.

I relax and enjoy the food I am eating. If I crave something in particular, that is what I try to eat if it is at all possible. I know that if I am craving a certain food and don't eat it, I will not be satisfied until I do--it doesn't matter if it is something sweet, a nice steak or a salad. I try to eat slowly and pay attention to the fact that I am eating. I stop when I am pleasantly full. For instance, if we go out to eat, I usually eat only half of the meal we are served, I bring the rest home for another time. If we order a hamburger, I will eat about 3/4 of it and a small bag of chips or part of a large bag of french fries, my husband usually consumes the rest of it. It's nice to have someone with which to share.

I feel that the reason I crave a certain food is that there is some vitamin or mineral in that particular food that my body needs. Plus whenever I crave some specific food, unless it is a salad, I don't eat and eat and eat. I eat until I am full and then stop. If there is some left over, I put it in a container and put it into the refrigerator or freezer for later.

I don't work anymore, so it is easy to eat at convenient times. When I get up in the mornings, I drink two cups of coffee first. Then later around 9 o'clock or so I eat a good breakfast that will last me awhile. Then I eat again later in the day, usually around 5 o'clock. I try not to eat any more after that. I am not diabetic so I can go longer without eating. I eat a sufficient amount, usually normal servings and try not to take seconds unless it is salad, fruits or vegetables.

If I am hungry at bedtime, I will either drink a glass of fat free milk or eat 2 or 3 saltine crackers with a slice of American cheese or put some peanut butter on them.

One thing that has helped me tremendously is the fact that I have found something that I am extremely interested in. Most of the time I am so absorbed in it, that I don't even think about eating. This has worked really well for me.

I am not in a hurry to lose weight, I am losing slowly and it is working very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment